- We carry out regular energy audits in order to continue working on the optimisation of consumption, with specific actions such as electrifying the Fòrum’s staff fleet or adjusting the power so that the developer does not need external fossil fuel generators.
- We use non-potable groundwater for restaurant bars, which means an average annual saving of 60,000 litres of mains drinking water over the last 5 years.
- Weekly checks are made of the electricity meters and water supply points distributed throughout the Park in order to prevent leaks or inefficient consumption, both during events and at rest.
- In our events, we provide a battery of containers differentiated according to the fractions to be collected and located throughout the Park. This battery of containers is centralised in a single storage point, which is inspected by security and cleaning personnel, which prevents the crossing of fractions and the massive generation of the waste fraction. Thanks to this operation, it has been possible to recycle more than 50% of all the waste generated in the Fòrum’s events in recent years (53.45% in 2021).
- To assess the percentage of selective collection, an authorised manager is responsible for collecting and managing waste and provides us with all the evidence related to its disposal. To assess the operational part, specific environmental audits of the cleaning and waste collection service are carried out in the most significant events. Thanks to this we can set goals and monitoring indicators to continue working.
- In recent years we have worked on an internal procedure that facilitates the repair/reuse of unused materials, in order to prevent the generation of waste. Following this procedure, the Fòrum has been able to reuse concrete benches, decorative stones or T-shirts for the Boscana Foundation, La Mar School and the Emma Gardens Association, or metres of wooden structure and wiring of the old Urban Forest for the Zoo.
To encourage the use of public transport or less polluting alternatives, different actions are taken to facilitate access to the Fòrum: providing information on the website on how to get to the park by public transport or on the purchase of tickets, parking spaces for bicycles, requesting Bus-shuttle points, establishing agreements with TMB to extend the timetable of the Tramline, etc.
Given the impact that these events have on the environment, in all cases acoustic projects and limiters are required, as well as the performance of measurements in sound tests. In addition, a SAM has recently been installed so that continuous measurements can be made.